Nations & Regions Apprentice (Glasgow)
The Nations and Regions team is based in Channel 4’s Glasgow office. Our role is to maximise opportunity for independent production companies based in the Nations & Regions, producing content for the Channel 4 portfolio. We manage a programme of monthly supplier briefings around the UK, alongside numerous bespoke development sessions, with individual Commissioning Editors and departments.
This is primarily an entry-level admin role to start with. We are really keen to meet motivated individuals with a passion for TV keen to make the most of this experience.
This role is well suited to a person who is interested in working in TV but has perhaps struggled to find a way in. You could be straight out of school, transferring from an admin or office coordinator role in another industry or be returning to work after a break for one reason or another.
No prior experience of the TV industry or any media is necessary.
There are a number of options, to be discussed with the right candidate.
• Assist the Nations & Regions coordinator with the Channel 4 Diversity of Supply Programme across the UK and in the Glasgow office. Traveling when necessary.
• Proactively capturing data and maintaining the Channel 4 Nations & Regions company database
• Providing administrative support to the Nations & Regions team on development and commissioning projects
• Fact-finding on potential third-party match funding partners for the Nations & Regions portion of the Alpha Fund, providing supporting materials/case studies as required for funding bids
• Providing reception support in the Glasgow office of Channel 4 for all meetings and guests, ensuring guests requirements are met and accommodated as appropriate
• Track and itemise all overhead invoicing on behalf of the team to ensure accurate recording of financials month to month and throughout the year.
• Supporting the members of the HR team responsible for learning and development by managing the training system
Essential attributes for a great candidate
• Strong communication skills - happy to talk to people at all levels internally at Channel 4 and externally
• Passion for gaining an all-round understanding of Commissioning at Channel 4
• Prepared to work hard and get stuck in
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good analytical skills
• The ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately and in line with Channel 4 protocols
• An understanding of and a commitment to diversity
• Willingness to travel regularly, and on occasion out of core office hours, is a requirement of this role.
Alternative Application Formats
We want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual, so we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can do anything to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.